Crash in serial_console_setup

Gessner, Matt mattg at aiinet.com
Thu Jan 10 07:47:20 EST 2002

Hi, Dan,

IMMR is 0xFF000502.
PVR is 0x00500000.

This is an 860P, running at about 80MHz.

What's odd is that I had a (patched) version of a tree
that I had working.  I came back from vacation, did a make
and THAT one didn't work.  I have one I did, based on that
same one, much earlier, that STILL works to this day.  But
when I did a 'diff --recursive' I didn't see any changes
between the two that I couldn't write off to some modules
I'm doing on my own (HDLC/WAN).

Maybe I should look at this again.

I've not gotten ANYTHING off bitkeeper to work right; not
2_4 nor 2_4_devel.

I'm not sure why we're getting a fault writing to IMMR
space.  Isn't that somehow protected???

Thanks,

Matt