Boot ROM Responsibilities (and GDB)?

Michael Washburn mwashbur at stny.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 05:10:35 EST 2002

Kent,

I just scanned through several PPC 405 Boot code sources and found that they
are all resetting the DBCR very early after the cpu starts up. These sources
include the openbios support, mentioned by Armin Kuster in his response, and
in the ppcboot sources (http://ppcboot.sourceforge.net/  ), along with
several boot sources I've developed.

The 405GP User's Manual (
http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF778525
6996006130F8 )does offer a slight hint to do this in section 8.10, though
they don't say what it should be set to since it is application dependent.

Good Luck,
Mike