Kernel Oops when receiving a lot of UDP packets while booting

Kári Davíðsson kd at flaga.is
Mon Jan 7 23:30:57 EST 2002

Hi,

I have verified that I am getting packets over the ethernet
before the scc_enet_open() is called, I somehow suspect that
this might be causing my random crashes.

I inserted the following in enet.c

static int opened = 0

and in scc_enet_open() I put

opened = 1;

and in scc_enet_interrupt() I put

if(opened == 0)
	printk("ETHO IRQ before open\n");

How do you propose to that the initialization is done to prevent this?

I have tried simply to move

sccp->scc_gmrl |= (SCC_GSMRL_ENR | SCC_GSMRL_ENT);

from scc_enet_init() to scc_enet_open() both before and after the
netif_start_queue()
call. But it only makes thing worse.

Thanks,

K.D.