Linux 2.4.17 bug, mmap of /dev/mem

David Ashley dash at xdr.com
Thu Feb 28 08:36:03 EST 2002

Let's agree on one thing: This isn't my theory of what is
happening. This *is* what is happening. I can single step the cpu with
the BDI2000 and see the writes taking place.

So when you say hash_page simply returns, well it isn't that way in
actuality. Where is it supposed to be patched? What isn't working correctly
to have hash_page just return? How can I fix this?

There is no message about allocating the hashtable.

-Dave