execve system call question

Derrik Weeks derrikW at iotech.com
Thu Feb 28 01:33:14 EST 2002

Greetings Sangmoon,

My apologies, I thought that most PPC based chips had configuration or
status registers that were not in the SPR space (i.e. IMMR based regs).  A
little research says this is not the case.  As I understand it (with thanks
to Wolfgang) Linux reserves memory space below 80000000 for user
applications.  In my case I had my IMMR based registers mapped below this
value, and the kernel was setting mapping for this space to virtual =
physical, which caused my problem.  You may have the same issue with your
serial port, it would be worth a try to move it to high memory and see if
this resolves your problem.

Best of luck,
Derrik Weeks