how to enable core files ?

Neil Horman nhorman at lvl7.com
Wed Feb 27 07:58:28 EST 2002

Mark Pilon wrote:

> That is, what do I have to set / enable / include on my target
> so that a core file will be created when an application SEGVs ?
>
> I'm running Wolfgang's SELF -- and really need to be able to poke
> at a core file when my app dies.
>
> thanks,
>
> Mark

I'm not erally familiar with SELF, but we had this same problem.  We running
under bash and found that we could create core files with the following command:
ulimit -c <size> OR 'unlimited'
Its a built in bash command, so the implementation may vary if you are running a
different shell.  For what its worth though, hope that helps!
Neil