Linux 2.4.17 bug, mmap of /dev/mem

John W. Linville linville at lvl7.com
Wed Feb 27 01:43:58 EST 2002

Dan,

Could you elaborate on the problems associated w/ bus timings that
you've seen on the 8xx?  We've been seeing a lot of unexplained Oops
messages (and even crashes) on one of our hardware platforms.  The only
common thread seems to be dereferncing bad pointer values, but they
occur in so many different places...

I've asked our hardware guys to take a look at the settings for the UPM
we are using to control SDRAM.  Do you think we are on the right track?
Can you provide any guidance?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  I'll buy you a beer and
some maple candy the next time I'm up your way! :-)

John

--
John W. Linville
LVL7 Systems, Inc.