monitor in mpc860fads

Borracini Evandro-R45188 Evandro.Borracini at motorola.com
Tue Feb 26 23:00:10 EST 2002

Hi,

Fads boards don't have any native monitor. You need to flash one on your board.
If you intend to run Linux on your fads, I recommend you using ppcboot as bootloader.

You can find ppcboot at http://ppcboot.sourceforge.net
Also, take a look at the "Linux for PowerPC embedded Systems Howto" at http://penguinppc.org/embedded/howto/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO.html. That is a very good guide.

regards

Evandro