execute from flash?

Petersen, David (MED, GEMS-IT) David.Petersen at med.ge.com
Tue Feb 26 09:23:48 EST 2002

	Sure there are modifications for the cramfs filesystem that
utilizes the sticky bit to force those files to be aligned such that
they can be executed in flash. You can then place the cramfs filesystem
in flash and only execute the files that you have specifically tagged (
sticky bit) for execution.
	There are also modifictions to the kernel that allow execution
from flash.

I am using both modifications on a version of HH2.0 linux for our
hardware that is MPC823 based. I got from MVista to implement these
changes. I was hoping that it would show up in the next release of HH.
If want I will put together a tarball with the required file for you. My
current kernel is 2.4.2 but that should not pose to much of a problem.