Software FPU emulation

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Thu Feb 21 22:57:46 EST 2002

98% certainty it is a memory (UPM) problem.  You are probably randomly
misreading an instruction as 0xFFxxxxxx which is a floating point
instruction.  This causes a FP emulation trap.  If you look at where the
trap occurred (SPR register SRR0) and look at the actual memory location in
question with your debugger, you probably will not find a FP instruction in
memory, which means it was misread.

gvb