Missing "#ifdef" in arch/ppc/boot/simple/mics-embedded.c ?

None Atall linux_meis at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 22:34:59 EST 2002

  Probably you have choosen at the xconfig to
setup serial console. This is only if you have
a outer chip that supports this function..
(well thats what I understud from the code).
So just dont select this option.

                      D. Meidanis

--- Gerard Basler <gbasler at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don´t have any experience with embedded-linux and
> I had a while
> until I managed to compile the Kernel for a PPC405GP
> Walnut
> architecture.
> I always received a compile error in
> arch/ppc/boot/simple/misc-embedded.c
> saying that the function "serial_close" (line 228)
> wasn´t found.
> I looked at line 84:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE
> com_port = serial_init(0, bp)"
> #endif
>
> and changed
>
> serial_close(com_port);

> #ifdef CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE
> serial_close(com_port);
> #endif
>
> Now it compiles but I´m not sure if my changes make
> any sense.
> I think that I made some false settings in xconfig
> but I have no idea
> where.
>
> Greetings
>
> Gerard

=====
  Dhmhtrios Meidanis
-Degree in Mathematics, University of the Aegean.
-Master in Computer Architecture and Digital
 Systems, University of Crete.
  Greece.