KGDB and linux-2.2.14

Rajesh S srj102 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 17:46:26 EST 2002

Hi,

 I use a HardHat linux-2.2.14 (CDK 1.2).

 I have the following problem when I enable
 KGDB in the linux make menuconfig.

1) System comes up ok. There is no breakpoint
   initially.

2) When there is any call to panic() or when
   there is an exception,

   the system doesnot reboot.

3) The system instead throws up a register dump saying
   a TRAP = 0x400

   And this register dump keeps coming on and before
   it stops and some time.

   I have attached the dump.

4) I am not running a KGDB on any other computer and
   I have just a single standalone embedded system.

Questions
---------

1) When I look through the code of panic, there is
   a call to BREAKPOINT macro which is

   .long 0x7d821008

   What exception does this cause ? Is this a valid
   address ?

2) my boot-loader does not pass a command line
   string having "kgdb",

   Is this a problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh