SCC or SMC for console ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 16 01:35:37 EST 2002

In message <3C6D1A26.1040209 at capflow.com> you wrote:

> >Should be no problem. The kernel on our FTP server was tested with  6
> >serial  ports  on  a  MPC860, with HW flow controll on all SCC's.
> >
> Reading arch/ppc/8xx_io/uart.c, I found out that all the flow control
> related code was surrounded by false #if #endif. It seems that there is

You're reading the wrong code, it seems.

Get the sources from ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/
You will find a lot of CONFIG_UART_CTS_CONTROL_SCCx,
CONFIG_UART_RTS_CONTROL_SCCx, CONFIG_UART_CD_CONTROL_SCCx, and
CONFIG_UART_DTR_CONTROL_SCCx stuff there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ Embedded Systems Nuremberg, Feb 19-21, Hall 12 K01 (with TQ)