mpc823 w/lcd performance

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 13 03:00:19 EST 2002

In message <3C69349F.37B0B21C at nexus-tech.net> you wrote:

> Should I have reasonable performance running a MPC823 with the LCD
> controller driving a 640x480 color TFT panel? The reason I ask is that I

You should. Not exactly rocking, but reasonable.

> compile the kernel with lcd823.c (pulled from Wolfgang's ftp site)
> selecting the SHARP LQ64D340. The system slows to a crawl. I calculate

It's working here in a couple of configurations. Running Microwindows
and some fltk/flnx based application on top of it. Performance  seems
OK to me.

> the LCD using 26% of bus bandwidth. But, it appears to be using much
> more. I haven't actually hooked up the panel yet (waiting for cabling).

Please keep me posted - I'd like to know what you find out.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ Embedded Systems Nuremberg, Feb 19-21, Hall 12 K01 (with TQ)