unable to uncompess kernel image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 6 03:58:30 EST 2002

In message <3C5FFFB8.5000409 at cambridgebroadband.com> you wrote:

> I'm a little bit confused as to whether you are trying to build a ramdisk image or a kernel image.

Well, as I understood he tried to combine both  the  kernel  and  the
ramdisk images in one file; this is sometimes useful when you want to
deal with a single file only (like when booting from a boot server).

In PPCBoot terminology this is called a "multi-file image":

	$ mkimage -A ppc -O Linux -T multi -C gzip \
	-n 'Linux Multiboot-Image' -e 0 -a 0 \
	-d vmlinux.gz:ramdisk_image.gz pMulti

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets  it  head-on  and
licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
	-- Dr. Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"), stardate unknown