unable to uncompess kernel image

Walser, Martin mwalser at harris.com
Wed Feb 6 01:56:34 EST 2002

Hi,

I've successfully developed a kernel which mounts over nfs.
Now I want to make a zImage.initrd. To do so, I've first made a ramdisk.image.gz
and copied it to /arch/ppc/mbxboot.
Then I made make zImage.initrd.
After that, I've used mkimage to encapsulate /arch/ppc/mbxboot/zvmlinux.initrd
to boot it with ppcboot.

When ppcboot starts booting, the following message is shown:

## Booting image at 00100000 ...
   Image Name:   2.4.4 for initrd on COM660
   Created:      2002-02-05  14:37:47 UTC
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    888587 Bytes = 867 kB = 0 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: Bad gzipped data
GUNZIP ERROR - must RESET board to recover

Any ideas?

regards
Martin