BDI2000 and 405GPr

Peter Vandenabeele peter.vandenabeele at mind.be
Tue Dec 31 13:38:23 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 08:21:53PM -0800, Jerry Walden wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just got my re-spun 405GPr based SBC from our board manufacturer.
>
> I'm not certain if this is the proper place to ask this question, if not
> perhaps you can direct me to another source.

Well, if you ask support to Abatron through your local supplier, they will
typically give very good support.

> I just purchased the latest and greated BDI2000, and when I telnet to
> the emulator I get the following over and over....
>

> - TARGET: processing user reset request
> *** TARGET: reseting target failed
> # JTAG: Communication test failed
> - TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec
>

> - TARGET: processing user reset request
> *** TARGET: reseting target failed
> # JTAG: Communication test failed
> - TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec

It is normal behavior for the BDI 2000 to try again after a
failed set-up every 10 seconds.

How is your reset exactly connected (electrically). You have
2 reset lines (one CPU RESET and one general RESET). They
are triggered in a specific order by the BDI for the 405GP.
Are they connected correctly to the logic of your board ?

Are there any reset chips that prolongue the global reset ?
(I believe the max time in the standard version should be
not more than 500 msec).

Do you see any signal on TDO ?

Peter