starting position of linux kernel in memory -- ppc

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Dec 25 01:22:28 EST 2002

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 02:53:01PM +0530, Omanakuttan wrote:

> Hi,
> I cross compiled linux kernel using gnutools for mpc8260 and got a file
> by name zimage.embedded.
> We have ordered for a demo on the target board (8260ADS) and they are
> asking for kernel with start address at 0x0000_0000.
> How will I see that info in the kernel ? Or by default it will place
> itself on 0x0000_0000 ?

Erm.  Can you give more information here?  What firmware?  What 8260
board, specifically?  The 'zImage.embedded' file you mentioned gets
loaded into RAM at 0x0080_0000 by default and when it runs, it will
uncompress the kernel and locate it at 0x0000_0000.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/