"Standard" Practice for config of SanDisk compact pci memory for 405gp ppc

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Tue Dec 24 12:27:00 EST 2002

Our hardware guy is tells me that the SanDisk can be placed
in one of three modes:

1) PC Card Memory Mode
2) PC Card I/O Mode
3) True IDE Mode

The device is going on a custom ppc 405GPr board.

He is also asking me how the device will be accessed

1) on bytes
2) on words
3) or both

I am not much of a hardware person, so I am not even certain if the
question I am asking makes sense.

The main goal is to use u-boot to bootstrap and initialize the board,
and to load the linux kernel/file system from the compact flash.

Does anyone have a reference design for a ppc based SBC with a
san-disc like part on it that runs Linux?

If not, is there a "standard" configuration the the compact flash
is placed on the bus?

Kindest Regards,

Jerry