Serious Problem: After Uncompresseing Linux..., what's next

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 08:59:06 EST 2002

Hi Folks,

I think finally i have idea as to why boot process was
failing. After uncompressing linux image, the code
execution was aborting with an ESR value of
0x08000000, which stands for "ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION".
When i checked the instruction causing this, i figured
that, 'tlbia' (0x00002384) is the culprit. tlbia is a
valid instruction in PPC405 instruction set.

I still don;t understand, how come it is getting
rejected. Am i missing anything? Can anyone please
throw some light on this?

thanks,
Prakash