After Uncompresseing Linux..., what's next

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 03:14:36 EST 2002

Folks,

I just wanted to provide more info on my env. I have
PPC405 based board with no network support forcing me
to use zImage.initrd.elf.

Can you suggest more on my problem described below? I
saw the memory values at 0x00000000 onwards after
uncompressing linux and they have changed. But when
the control jumps to 0x0, my board hangs. I see that
ESR is showing a value of 0x80000000, meaning either
illegal instruction or Machine Check.

Can you tell what's going on? What happens next after
uncompressing? I am thinking it executes start_kernel
function which calls lock_kernel. Let me know if i am
wrong.

thanks,
Prakash