make module_install

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Wed Dec 18 05:12:36 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> different for embedded systems: modules are  usually  only  used  for
> driver  development,  and  then you will manually load and unload the
> driver anyway. I will even go so far to say that if you need  to  run
> "depmod"  for  your embedded system you should fix your system design
> because you are doing something wrong.

Someone might use loadable modules because he doesn't want to release
his driver under the GPL. I wouldn't exactly consider this wrong.

Regards,
Marius

Marius Groeger           SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG       mgroeger at sysgo.de
Software Engineering     Embedded and Real-Time Software    www.sysgo.de