kmalloc and startup process

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Wed Dec 18 00:40:38 EST 2002

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

>Don't know when it's safe to call kmalloc, but maybe you
>should avoid kmalloc?  Is it possible to use
>kmalloc when the microcode(8xx_io/micropatch.c) is loaded?
>
>   Jocke

I fixed the problem via another way.

At startup I use a statically allocated area, or
the bootmem allocated page.

The kmalloc is used only when a request for memory
cannot be satisfied by this memory.

I will probably post the patch for the hostmem today,
followed tommorow by the patch for the dpmem.

Stay tuned.

--
Pantelis Antoniou
INTRACOM S.A. Greece