memory management bug??

Owen Green owenjinggreen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 23:44:16 EST 2002

Hi all,

I was making some tests in my linux box and I just
realized that when the system goes to a "low memory
state" kswapd gets almost all the cpu, I've got this
from top (see attached file). But the worst I guess is
that I can't see to where my memory has gone, top
output and /proc/meminfo seems to be "hidding" some
I'm using kernel 2.4.4 from Denx, is there memory leak
in this kernel version? How can I reduce kswapd cpu
usage?

Thanks in advance,

Owen.