Arctic-2 MTD driver

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Dec 17 02:31:28 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:28:06PM +0100, Marius Groeger wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:46:50AM +0100, Marius Groeger wrote:

> > > Can you also post this to the linux-mtd folks?
> >
> > No point in doing that yet, as the underlying support code for the
> > Arctic-2 won't be making Marcelo's tree for a while yet.
>
> I don't see a point in NOT doing this. It will have to be done anyway,
> so David might as well do it now and be done with it.

Unusable, untestable code which may or may not need minor changes before
going upstream? (For example, I need to go and do similar changes to an
upstream version of maps/Config.in like I just did to the _devel ones).

There's no real advantage to doing it now or later, in other words. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/