Can we use all SCCs with MPC860

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 16 20:51:36 EST 2002

Dear Christophe,

in message <3DFD9E2F.CA7417EF at c-s.fr> you wrote:

> I have a board (home made) with a MPC862 running Montavista Linux 2.1
> (kernel 2.4.17).
> I'd like to use the four SCCs as serial ports, but it seems that only
> SCC2 and SCC3 can be configured as serial ports.

It's not difficult to extend the 8xx  UART  driver  to  support  both
SMC's  and  all  4 SCC's. This has been done before; see for examplee
the kernel source in our CVS server (module linux-2.4). This has been
tested and actually used (with hardware flowcontrol) on a  couple  of
boards.

> Does someone have any idea on how to configure SCC1 and SCC4 as serial
> ports also with that kernel ?

that kernel = MV Linux 2.1? Seems you should ask MV....

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Compatibility:
     your old Windows 3.11 application crash exactly as the new ones.