823 Video Controller Driver - where ?

Steve Rossi Steve.Rossi at motorola.com
Sat Dec 14 03:07:31 EST 2002

I've seen some reference on the list regarding a driver for the 823
Video Controller -
i.e.
http://lists.linuxppc.org/results.html?restrict=linuxppc-embedded&words=vid823
however I've been unable to locate the source to vid823.c
apparently this question was asked before:
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200201/msg00164.html
and the answer was that its in the 2_4_devel tree, but I was unable to
find it in a recent snapshot of the tree (I'm unable to get the tree
from the bitkeeper repository due to a problem in bitkeeper 3.0 related
to http proxy with authentication - but thats another story!) so I got
the snapshot from http://ppckernel.org/tree.php?id=5
All I could find was the RPX framebuffer driver rpxfb.c for various LCD
panels using the LCD controller..
I'm looking for a driver for the video controller to output to an NTSC
encoder. Am I just missing something?
Anyone know where I can get vid823.c (or whatever it might be called
now) and whether its a true framebuffer driver?

Regards,
Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at labs.mot.com
Principal Staff Engineer
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Motorola Labs