Move 405LP RTC support from beech.c into ibm405lp.c

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Dec 13 10:13:11 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:17:44AM -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 21:54, David Gibson wrote:
> >
> > The RTC support (written by Todd Poynor) for the Beech is actually in
> > the 405LP chip itself, not just on the Beech board.
> <snip>
>
> As a separate patch (either before or after your move), I'd like to see
> the following patch committed. The current "reset" code doesn't follow
> the sequence described in the manual, and doesn't really reset the chip.
> Until I added this code, the RTC usually would simply not advance. I've
> tested this thoroughly on Beech (405LP 1.1).

Well, I've committed my patch (and I also moved the 405LP's
PPC4xx_ONB_IO_PADDR definition into ibm405lp.h).  Could you redo your
patch against the current tree?

> Also, the comment makes me curious - why rely on the BIOS to set the
> right input frequency? It's just one more line of code here (and a
> #define or two for the various boards).

Well, I'd be in favour of setting it here (under my philosphy of
"never trust the firmware not to be crap").

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson