8xx_io/enet.c

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Wed Dec 11 04:52:16 EST 2002

Hi,

Indeed we had a better performance with the patch applied to fec.c
(100base-Tx). Unfortunately I don't have the results at the moment. At
enet.c I didn't noticed mutch of a difference since handling 10base-T
traffic isn't that mutch of a problem at the moment and I didn't spend time
to figure out the exact CPU load.
I remember that someone said he had an performance impact at small packets.
I didn't noticed any (even though there must be a slight on caused by the
additinal if-statement).
I can post some of our results results after I did some more tests but that
may take a while since I am buisy with other stuff at the moment.

  Stephan

> PS.
>    Any perticular reason not to cc the embedded list also? Others would
>    probably be intressted also.

Well, there is a 'reason'. I simply didn't payed attention to the fact that
a simple reply doesn't reply to the list.