PCI and DMA

jim jduey at ccc-dcs.com
Thu Aug 29 06:58:41 EST 2002

Hi folks,

I've got a problem doing DMA over the PCI bus.  After I've done a DMA write
to the device, the kernel hangs when I do a pci_read_config_byte for that
device.  I've determined that when pci_read_config_byte is called, execution
makes it to the call to the read_byte function of the pci_ops structure.
(This function is pointed to by pdev->bus->ops->read_byte.)  What I can't
seem to find is the code that is actually doing the read from the device
configuration space.  Can somebody point me to it?  This is on a 405GP Walnut
board.

Thanks,
Jim