root login on ELDK nfs booting

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 29 06:14:09 EST 2002

In message <3D6D1722.9421CC3B at redswitch.com> you wrote:

> I booted on /opt/eldk/ppc_4xx. But it does not allow root login from my
> serial console.
> I changed the /etc/passwd so that I can login in as adm. Anyone can give
> me advice on the
> problem? Thanks.

It's difficult to predict what you changed, and how.

A stab into the dark: when installing the ELDK, did you  remember  to
run  the  ELDK_FIXOWNER  script??  See  section  "7.  Mounting Target
Components via NFS" at http://www.denx.de/ELDK/eldk-nfs.html

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
1st Old Man:  Gee, its windy today.
2nd Old Man:  No it's not... it's Thursday.
3rd Old Man:  Yeh, me too.  Let's go for a beer.