8260/8xx Embedded Boot patch

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 28 10:36:12 EST 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 05:28:29PM -0700, acurtis at onz.com wrote:

> > The first thing I saw was the define_bool CONFIG_ALL_PPC n.
> > If this was actually needed someplace, there's a bug there that needs to
> > be fixed.
>
> This is not required. All of the xxxx8260_defconfig files define this so you do
> not get all of the generic Mac stuff like IDE and video. If it is not appropriate
> take it out. It just serves to weed out a lot of options you are just going to
> turn-off anyway.

They shouldn't show up on 8260, since they don't show up on other,
non-CONFIG_ALL_PPC platforms.  Again, if they show up it's a bug.  The
bug is doing:
dep_{tristate,bool} 'Some pmac-specific driver' CONFIG_PMACSPEC $CONFIG_ALL_PPC
It should be:
if [ "$CONFIG_ALL_PPC" = "y" ]; then
   {bool,tristate} 'Some pmac-specific driver' CONFIG_PMACSPEC
fi

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/