8260 Memory Management

acurtis at onz.com acurtis at onz.com
Sat Aug 24 10:36:58 EST 2002

> > Basically, remove all the CONFIG_8260 conditional compile stuff.
>
> I just looked in arch/ppc in the linuxppc_2_4_devel tree and there are
> only 3 places where CONFIG_8260 is used in the code.  Two of them are
> for the cheesy request_8xxirq thing.  The other is for m8260_gorom.
> So I'm not sure what you're referring to.

You need to look in include/asm-ppc. There is things related to address
translation too.

> Dan, can we *please* take out the #define request_irq request_8xxirq
> and just use request_irq like everyone else?

I already have a patch for this. Do you want it? I was getting ready to submit
several updates.

TIA

Allen Curtis              |  All good things come to those
Ones and Zeros, Inc.      |  who wait. Some of us have to
mailto:acurtis at onz.com    |  wait a little longer.