cygwin and embedded linux

John Fisher John.Fisher at nec.com.au
Thu Aug 22 11:15:20 EST 2002

> Actually, my personal opinion on that matter is that I'm not very fond
> of using Windows for a Linux kernel development platform. Doing --

So what are the issues: How is cygwin significantly different from Linux
that you would not want to use it?
Are there useful tools that run under Linux but not under cygwin?

The reason I ask is that my organization currently does its software
development under windows using proprietary tools. We have to maintain our
existing products using these tools. We are however contemplating new
development using linux. If we have to dual boot our PCs or have an extra PC
running Linux for each developer, that is going to bring its own set of
nuisances and problems.

Are there others in this situation and how have they chosen to solve it?