Tigon3 driver, broadcom 5307, 440GP, working?

James Dougherty jfd at broadcom.com
Thu Aug 8 04:15:12 EST 2002

Hi,

AFAIK, the TIGON3 driver in the latest 2_4_devel kernel does
not work with 5703. I did a code review of both the broadcom
and tigon3 driver and found that the open-source driver doesn't
have all the workarounds and, it doesn't support all the chips/board
flavors that are out there...

This brings up the bigger question of why people aren't using
the Broadcom OpenSource driver? I've used it successfully now
with all the latest chips (5700, 5701, 5703).

What does it take to add BSP and driver support to the 2_4_devel
tree?

			Thanks,
			-James

--