How to mount romfs in flash as root filesystem?

Kári Davíðsson kd at flaga.is
Tue Apr 30 19:33:21 EST 2002

wrong! Wolfgang is correct just check how the root parameter is parsed
in
init/do_mounts.c function name_to_kdev_t().

If you pass root=/dev/mtdblock/0 it will try to convert the third "/" to
a number which it can not and the minor number becomes 0 which is
accedentally correct but is very wrong if you plan to mount
/dev/mtdblock/1
as you root.

> Linux must be
> configured with devfs, devfs must be mounted before and boot support

It can be either way. You can use devfs in which case you must make it
mountable at boot. You can also get away without devfs but then you must

suppply all the necessary device nodes in your filesystem.

> from ramdisk must be disabled.

Don't spread wrong information!

Regards,

K.D.