Virtex II Pro/405GP

James Campbell jcampbell at omnigon.com
Fri Apr 19 01:40:35 EST 2002

Hello,

The file you are looking for is "dp83865avh.pdf", which I can send to
you directly if you wish.

We chose the 83865 over the 83861 because they removed about sixty
superfluous pins, and really cleaned the interface up as well.  It turns
out that the 83861 had some serious problems at 10mbit as well, which
they have now decided to respin all the silicon in that series.

We went to the "Programmable World 2002" telecast here yesterday, and
those new Virtex II Pro chips look hot.  I guess MonteVista is doing
some sort of board support package for the 405 cores inside the fpgas,
but they did not go into any detail about what will be provided in the
ISE dev kits for linux, and what you will have to buy from MonteVista.

Cheers,

James Campbell

--
James Campbell          -|-   Embedded Systems Engineer
jcampbell at omnigon.com   -|-     Omnigon International