Virtex II Pro/405GP

James Campbell jcampbell at omnigon.com
Wed Apr 17 08:54:18 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 15:03, Peter Ryser wrote:

> > I was just curious if you had to use any esoteric patches on the (v2.5
> > I'm assuming) kernel?
>
> There are some patches. They are not esoteric and not publicly available at this
> time :-(

Ah, we have a very good relationship with our FAE here through
Insight/Xilinx, any chance we would be able to get the patches even if
they were not public (yet)?

> >  Also, did you have to worry about using a full
> > featured boot loader like ppcboot?
>
> No, just use an external debugger to load the kernel into memory or use external
> ROM or use the internal BRAM or System ACE (my favorite).
> We are working on PPCBoot if you really need a full-blown boot loader.
>
> - Peter

Erm, we have alot of experiance porting PPCBoot to the MPC8260, and with
the BDI-2000, so I'll have to see what I can make of it.

Thanks for all the info.

Cheers,

James Campbell

--
James Campbell          -|-   Embedded Systems Engineer
jcampbell at omnigon.com   -|-     Omnigon International