Source & status of usb drivers for mpc823 & mpc850

Chirag Kantharia chyrag at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 02:10:37 EST 2002

Forwarded message from Tom Elam-

Hi.

Please excuse me for asking something that might seem obvious.

I have been reading a few score of messages on this topic & still
haven't
found a central, official-looking repository for these drivers.  I have
 picked up Brad Parker's m8xxhci.c from www.heeltoe.com and read the
note
 that it's no longer available on the bitkeeper site and not in the 2.5
 kernel sources.  I also noticed the copyright date is 2000 for the
code.

What would you say is the current status of the code (under
development,
alpha, unstable, etc.)?  Are there also other promising GPL or
similarly
licensed USB drivers for these processors?

I have searched the Motorola site looking for microcode patches, but
come up with nothing.  Do you know where I can get them along with
the information about which processors need them?

I guess I may just have to try m8xxhci.c.  It looks like people have
got it
 to work on some of Embedded Planet the boards we are working with,
namely
 the RPX Lite 823 and 850.

Thanks.

=====