MPC8xx fpu support and compiling glib.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 13 05:47:18 EST 2002

In message <3CB71524.46DC9F87 at esteem.com> you wrote:

> > You cannot mix FPU-code and  soft-float  in  one  application/library
> > setup.
> If my kernel has fpu-emulation, do I need to compile soft-float into my
> glibc?

You can compile either ALL libraries and ALL  applications  with,  or
ALL without FP.

> Does putting fpu-emulation in the kernel and not using soft-float in
> glibc
> save me RAM?

Not any significant amount, I think.

Also be awre the the  emulation  code  in  the  kernel  is  far  from
complete or perfect.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.