MPC8xx fpu support and compiling glib.

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri Apr 12 08:28:35 EST 2002

Hello All,

	I was wondering a few things about MPC8xx FPU support. If
I build a kernel with fpu-emulation do I have to pass the CFLAGS
"-msoft-float -D_SOFT_FLOAT" when compiling glibc? Does it save me
any ram if I don't? I know if I don't my performance will drop but
our aplication doesn't use floating point except for ping mabey.

Thanks in advance,

	Conn

  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST

"clark at esteem.com" Copyright 2000 By Electronic Systems Technology
 This email address may be used to communicate to Conn Clark
 provided it is not being used for advertisement purposes, unless
 prior written consent is given. This email address may not be
 sold under any circumstances. All other rights reserved.