8260 - Spurious interrupt when calling __sti()

Jean-Denis Boyer jdboyer at mediatrix.com
Thu Apr 11 03:16:18 EST 2002

Ricardo,

> Even harder to explain is why you're having to put those syncs in
> __sti, since both my copies of 2.4.16 and 2.4.18-pre9 kernel sources
> already have them in the code... and with the comment
> "/* Some chip revs have problems here... */" !!!

At the left of the comment is 'SYNC', in uppercase.
According to "include/asm-ppc/ppc_asm.h", which defines the preprocessor
macro 'SYNC', it means something only if CONFIG_PPC601_SYNC_FIX
is defined. The comment seems to be old and imprecise.
After compiling the kernel, I disassembled it, just to be sure... ;-)

 Jean-Denis Boyer, B.Eng., System Architect
 Mediatrix Telecom Inc.
 4229 Garlock Street
 Sherbrooke (Québec)
 J1L 2C8  CANADA