question concerning ram filestructure

Greg Griffes ggg at ieee.org
Wed Apr 10 08:43:00 EST 2002

> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> crc errorFreeing initrd memory: 2201k freed
> <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..
>
> I've seen this before on different ports of linux but I have not been able
> to figure it out.  Does anyone have suggestions?
> Steven Blakeslee

I just had the same symptom in my port this morning.  In my case, the
kernel was not picking up the initrd_start or initrd_size from the boot
loader.  It was a bug in my *_setup.c file.  I tossed out the use of r4 and r5
and switched to using parse_bootinfo in platform_init().  That fixed it.

It could also be a problem in the boot loader.

Greg Griffes