CPCI-405 port (PPC405GP)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Sep 29 17:53:46 EST 2001

Hi Dan,

in message <3BAEB761.194CE057 at mvista.com> you wrote:

> > There are 50+ boards using the PPCBoot concept by now, and the number
> > is growing every week.
>
> Yeah, but there are lots more that don't use it, and people want to
> just pull those boards off the shelf and have those work as well.
> Quite frankly PPCboot is pretty good on 8xx, but not many of the other
> boards where people want to run Linux.

Just for the record: the last state I know of (I haven't looked into
this for about two weeks) is:

	8xx  - 32 boards
	8240 -  3 boards
	8260 -  7 boards
	74xx -  1 board
	4xx  -  9 boards

PPCBoot is more than just 8xx by today.

> Remember, PPCboot started from code I wrote long ago.  It doesn't
> look much like it anymore, but I still have a personal interest
> in it's success :-).

That's good to know.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Shakespeare's Law of Prototyping: (Hamlet III, iv, 156-160)
        O, throw away the worser part of it,
        And live the purer with the other half.