Adding 'bus_offset' to pci_controller

mod+linuxppc-embedded at MissionCriticalLinux.com mod+linuxppc-embedded at MissionCriticalLinux.com
Thu Sep 27 23:10:08 EST 2001

I'm just catching up with this thread and I'm
not sure which problem it is that we're trying
to solve here.  Isn't it true that the various
pci_ops routines are passed a pci_dev from which
they can extract pci_dev->pci_bus->number and
decide which bus is meant from that?  Or does
that constitute a namespace (or number-space)
collision?  Aha - yes it might - each "node" in
a PCI bus "tree" has its own bus number, right?
So pci_dev->pci_bus->number is only intended to
be meaningful within a given tree and each tree
is (should be) its own domain...