Cross-compiling standard utilities for MPC823

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Thu Sep 27 08:14:17 EST 2001

If you're cross-compiling applications that use autoconf "configure"
scripts, you will need to set some variables to override tests that
configure is unable to perform when you're cross-compiling.

Here are some mpc8xx-specific variables:

ac_cv_c_cross=yes
ac_cv_c_bigendian=yes
ac_cv_c_char_unsigned=no
ac_cv_sizeof_long_long=8
ac_cv_sizeof_long=4
ac_cv_sizeof_int=4
ac_cv_sizeof_short=2
ac_cv_sizeof_unsigned_long=4
ac_cv_sizeof_unsigned_int=4

..and some other ones if you use glibc-2.1.3:

ac_cv_header_stdc=yes
ac_cv_func_closedir_void=no
ac_cv_func_setvbuf_reversed=no
ac_cv_func_getpgrp_void=yes
ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes
ac_cv_func_mmap=yes
ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes
ac_cv_func_strcoll_works=yes
ac_cv_func_vfork=yes
ac_cv_func_wait3_rusage=yes
ac_cv_sys_restartable_syscalls=yes

The variables above will make it possible to cross-compile
fileutils-4.1. Other packages (bash, readline) might need
more variables, but if you read the configure-file, you
will figure out what is missing.

Or, you can take the blue pill and go the RPM-way ... ;)

Cheers  /

magnus

opensource.se - custom linux distributions