Adding 'bus_offset' to pci_controller

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Thu Sep 27 07:54:30 EST 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:59:32AM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Mark A. Greer writes:
>
> > Wait, I can't b/c then *everyone* will have this subtraction happen and
> > everyone but me would be broken.
> > With a separate field, I don't mess up other  board ports.
>
> Well, how many other boards are there out there that use
> indirect_pci.c and have more than one host bridge?  Anyone?

The CPC710 ports, K2 and Adirondack.  Soon to be a large number of
boards with GT64620 since it seems to be the high-end system
controller of choice for embedded 7xx/74xx these days and
everybody wants Linux.

> > Another way to go would be to #ifdef your suggestion into indirect_pci.c
> > for my board only.
> > Which do you prefer?
>
> Not the ifdef. :)  Either make your own version of the indirect_pci
> routines or add the field.

New field seems better than dupping 98% of indirect_pci, IMHO.

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.
mporter at mvista.com