Can not boot linux-2.4.4 using ppcboot-1.0.4

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 24 04:00:27 EST 2001

In message <301A812E6528D511A8F70008C71E578616C92E at AP-BANG-M02> you wrote:

> I am trying to boot Linux-2.4.4 kernel using ppcboot-1.0.4.
> It hangs after printing "## Transferring control to Linux (at address
> 00000000) ..."

This is a FAQ. See the PPCBoot mailing list archive.

The usual reason is that you missed to adapt your board  header  file
used  in  the  LInux  kernel  to  match the definition of the bd_info
structure as passed by PPCBoot. Usually  you  can  just  delete  this
definition  from  your  board header file and include <asm/ppcboot.h>
instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I'd rather be led to hell than managed to heaven.