PPCBoot and IMMR remapping for linux 2.4 on sbc8260

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 24 04:00:12 EST 2001

Dear Craig,

in message <4E48AD2F.671BD424.031B03A1 at netscape.net> you wrote:

> The immr_base value in PPCBoot on my sbc8260 is
> 0x0f000000. I have been reading here that the
> best value for linux is 0xf0000000.

THis is your own bug, then. The default configuration of PPCBoot  for
the SBC8260 uses this definition in "include/config_sbc8260.h":

        #define CFG_IMMR 0xf0000000

> I don't have easy access to flash my PPCBoot
> to a new immr_base value, but I want to run

Where exactly is the problem? It is a trivial job to use any  running
version   of  PPCBoot  to  upgrade  to  a  new  version  (just  using
"tftp", "protect off", "erase" and "cp.b" commands).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correct-
ness never does.