CPCI-405 port (PPC405GP)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 24 04:00:07 EST 2001

In message <87k7ytygaf.fsf at mclinux.com> Josh Huber wrote:
> Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> writes:
>
> > But the bi_recs in 2.5 won't look like 2.4.current.
>
> bummer...can it not be changed in a compatible manner?

Where can I get more information what it will look like in  2.5?  I'd
like to be able to have PPCBoot prepared for this change, and ideally
in  a way that provides a soft migration from current kernel versions
to the new stuff.

Keep in mind that PPCBoot is in use for 50+ boards from  many  diffe-
rent hardware manufacturers. And the number is growing every week.

Or is there even a discussion of this stuff where one  can  at  least
inject  ideas  or point out thinks that might cause problems - BEFORE
everything is cast in stone?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Time is an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.